Wednesday, December 14, 2011

225 mph Part 2


MY FRIEND THE HOLY SPIRIT

My best human friend is my wife Richelle. Here is a very important fact, I do not refer to her as an "it", I refer to her as my best friend of all friends the one I love.  Let me start this written conversation off right with this statement, “The Holy Spirit is not an "it", He is my friend whom I cherish in my life.”  The Bible never refers to Him as an "it."

We will explore what the Bible says about Him and what I have learned from Him. The most important information you can have about the Holy Spirit is that He is my friend and he wants to be yours too. Read this reality being expressing in the following verses of scripture.


John 14:16-17 16 I will talk to the Father, and he’ll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. 17 This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can’t take him in because it doesn’t have eyes to see him, doesn’t know what to look for. But you know him already because he has been staying with you, and will even be in you!
John 14: 25-26 25“I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. 26 The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you.
John 15:26  “When the Friend I plan to send you from the Father comes—the Spirit of Truth issuing from the Father—he will confirm everything about me.
John 16:7  So let me say it again, this truth: It’s better for you that I leave. If I don’t leave, the Friend won’t come. But if I go, I’ll send him to you.
John 16: 12-13 12 “I still have many things to tell you, but you can’t handle them now. 13 But when the Friend comes, the Spirit of the Truth, he will take you by the hand and guide you into all the truth there is. He won’t draw attention to himself, but will make sense out of what is about to happen and, indeed, out of all that I have done and said.
I have found two major reasons people think the Holy Spirit is weird and spooky.  First, because of what they have seen people do and Second, what they have been told.  He is my personal friend... listen, he is not spooky or weird.  He is a person, that’s right a person who you should not fear.  I hear people say I am afraid of the Holy Spirit... Why? Let me tell you why, because they have met weird people who do weird things.  There has been too much contributed to the weird being the Holy Spirit.  Just because insecure people do some weird things to draw attention to themselves, is not an indictment against the Holy Spirit.
My friend the Holy Spirit is full of everything I need to help me!  He is not on a mission to make me do weird things.  We need to befriend the Holy Spirit because; He is kind, compassionate, gentle, sensitive & wonderful.  Satan wants to make Him out as weird and something to be afraid of.  The Holy Spirit is the only one who can help us change the world around us.  Satan knows this so he tries to make people afraid.  A lot of people do weird things and then blame it on the Holy Spirit.  I want you to know the truth, the Holy Spirit is not rude, inconsiderate or harsh.  He is my friend & I know Him and he wants you to know Him too.  I’m tired of people giving Him a bad rap! The Holy Spirit will not make you Look Weird, Act, Dress, or even Talk weird. The truth is satan wants to make you scared of Him so you will never befriend Him!
Next time I will talk about the “Person” the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment